Napa Wine Company
Facility

History

Our Facility

Timeline


History

NAPA WINE COMPANY - HistoryThe building that now houses Napa Wine Company is actually a culmination of two historic winery properties. In 1877 the first Brun & Chaix Nouveau Médoc Winery was built in Oakville, it was the 9th bonded winery in California. The oldest building was a tiny cellar; 20 by 34 feet. In 1880 the building was expanded to 160 by 34 feet and another building 40 by 45 feet was built nearby. The property passed through various hands in the 20th century. Eventually the properties were expanded to support large-scale production of generic wines, starting with the Betsy Ross wine brand in the 1940s.  In 1977 the two buildings were united, and later in the 1980’s, production was expanded further to support the growing Inglenook brand.  In 1993, the winery was purchased by the Pelissa family who converted the former Inglenook facility from a mass production winery into a state-of-the-art custom crush facility.

NAPA WINE COMPANY - History - MAP
Click Image for full-size map.


“We were the first custom crush clients at Napa Wine Company and we are still extremely satisfied clients.”
-Volker Eisele, Volker Eisele Family Estate

Napa Wine Company   |   7830-40 St. Helena Hwy.   |   Oakville, CA 94562   |   707-944-8669
www.napawineco.com   |   moreinfo@napawineco.com